Human Rewilding Company is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who oversees privacy-related matters for us. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
Full name of legal entity: Human Rewilding Company
Name or title of Data Protection Officer: Mark Sears
Email address: email@example.com
The information we hold about you must be accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR DATA AND USAGE
When you use our site, there are several ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create, or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions.
- Content and Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us. Through the contact form on our website, email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other form of communication that you send us. This data is processed for the purposes of communicating with you, for record-keeping and for the establishment, pursuance, or defence of legal claims.
- The content you provide: This includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and to ensure that relevant content is provided to you.
- Payment Information: We collect payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. You may also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we use is dependent on which Service(s) you choose to use. The purposes for which are set out below.
- To personalise your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services.
- Research and development: We are always looking for innovative ways to improve and upgrade the user experience. The information and feedback provided help us identify trends, usage and activities and enable us to integrate better Services for you and all users.
- Communication with you: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expiration’s, responding to your comments, questions, and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. When these communications are part of the Services you cannot opt-out of them. If an opt-out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- Engagement and promotions: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you. Via email, ads on other companies’ websites and applications, as well as on platforms such as Facebook and Google. The purpose is to drive engagement and maximise your experience from the Services, including information about new features, products, survey requests, newsletters, and other events we think may be of interest to you. You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under “Opt-out of communications.”
Opt-out Communications: If you do want to receive information from our carefully selected third parties about goods or services that may be of interest to you, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data.
Security: The information you provide is used to verify accounts and monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies and agreements.
With Consent: If you have provided us with consent to publish testimonials of featured stories to promote our Services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We take your privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
If you know of or are suspect that a personal data breach may have occurred, do not attempt to investigate the matter yourself. Please preserve all potential evidence and contact us immediately on 07917 754854 and email@example.com
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right under the Data Protection Law to access the information which we hold about you. For more information click the link below:
If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To meet our costs in responding, we will charge you a fee of £10.
To help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data we may require specific information from you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.